Tuesday, November 23, 2010

level 2 uncountable/ countable nouns


Lesson # 2 .. teaching uncountable/ countable nouns... I used these samples of rice, beans, kasha, and nuts. Threw them tot he students and asked them to tell me what it was and if it was countable or not. Then I threw them on the table or floor and made sentences to identify the verb tense with countable and uncountable nouns. We watched an 8 min video on count/unc. nouns... then two worksheets.. one worksheet was about a trip to the Korean market. Students filled in the blanks with "a" or "an" or "some". The second worksheet was on banana splits. Students identified what were countable and uncountable...nuts, cherries, ice cream, cream, bananas. Then they answered questions on it. We finished with a question, " do you think banana splits are healthy or unhealthy" I told them they all had to give me an answer and each answer had to be different... so the first to answer had the easiest opportunity, because the others had to think more. They did well coming up woth unique answers though. The class felt like a success and students were asking if I could teach them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment