Friday, September 23, 2011

Economics Class2

Not a whole lot to relate.  I explained a little about my research project based on problems encountered by students who are studying Business English.  I am still checking the first translations the students gave me, and still trying to calculate where the most problematic areas are.  So far, I can easily see problems with, verb tenses, verb agreements, pronoun usage, conjunction usage, possessive pronoun misuse,  preposition problems, article problems.  So a lot of scope to work with.  Today I asked them to do another small translation so I could have a little more data to work with.  This took them quite a long time.  Then I briefly introduced the verb tenses.  Explained briefly how the verbs agree with the pronouns, then I gave them a few cartoons and we worked on making sentences - mostly present continuous with them. I told them we would work on verbs again next week.   One other thing I noticed in this class today was the mix up of the words.. " study/ learn" and "tell/ talk"

No comments:

Post a Comment