Friday, September 30, 2011

Business English Sept. 30 class


Today I showed them the PPP on verb tenses... They weren't really paying attention so I didn't finish the PPP.  I showed them how to conjugate the verbs for the different tenses, then we talked about present simple.  Did some present simple sentences.  Then I gave them a job description sheet and we talked a little about what a job description is.  I asked them to write three sentences describing the tasks that this person does.  It was a network administrator and as these students are studying computer science, I thought they could relate to this job.  They really didn't seem interested in this class at all.  I'm thinking next week, we might continue with the job description "project".. put the students in groups and ask them to do a job description of a job. First have them tell me different jobs,and then have them, in groups do a job description of one job.  Maybe next week do some present continuous tenses.   I'll have to try to think of a way to present it that they can relate to it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment