Friday, November 9, 2012

Headhunters






All the pieces
Ok.  So I'm supposed to be teaching Business English. So I have a class where a few students walk out on me... so now I want to take vengeance!!!  I'm gonna teach them 'headhunters'.  Actually my idea for our next class is CVs.  I know these students already know how to do a CV.  So we'll cover what goes into a CV with some practice worksheets, and we'll do and exercise where they have to construct a cv from clues given,  then we'll play head hunters.  It's a board game fashioned after clue.  So we have on the board 8 different universities, there are cards for each university, there are transfers to different universities if they wish to transfer, there are 6 applicants for a job, each card showing the applicant and something about them, and there are 6 jobs. A tally sheet too, to tick off clues to identify who is or isn't in the envelope.( That's the paper in the background with the nice orange envelope... which, by the way, Trude says she made better than I did!! HA!)   One card each... university, applicant, and job is put into an envelope and they must make guesses while moving around the board who is in the card, which university they attended and what job they were successful in getting.
The board game with all the universities

 Here's a picture of the game.  Trude and I spent a lot of time this week working on it.  It can be modified to stress articles or prepositions too, or simply modified to "stress".. whatever your condition and desire is at present!! :)   If anyone is interested in the game I can put it into dropbox.  :)








 
The universities attended
game pieces
The applicants


  
The famous sought after  jobs.

1 comment: