Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Verb seminar

Whew!! Glad that's over.  It actually went ok.  There were mostly students there maybe about 40, and about 5 teachers.  When I realized it was a lot more students than teachers I decided to turn it more into a lesson rather than a lecture.  There was hardly any response from them, but answers I did get just reinforced that they have major problems with the verbs.  Although they have good comprehension.   I told them about you Fred, and Ryan Research, and then about my research and told them my methods were telling stories and playing with blocks.  :)  Don't know how impressed they were.  One student asked me questions afterwards.  She is doing a thesis on different teaching methods.  So she is taking special ideas from each different method.  I told her she was more than welcome to sit in on my classes any time she wishes.  The other students who stayed behind just asked questions about if I liked Ukraine, and how I felt here with the language.  I was so nervous but I am glad it all went well.  Here's the PPP about it.  I was hoping they would say "wow" when they saw the charts, but they weren't impressed.   verb seminar

No comments:

Post a Comment